What Values Can You Get From A Professional Immigration Consultant?
You may be entering Hong Kong for one of the reasons including: as a new employee, starting a new business, an investor, joining family, just visiting, a rejected application, etc.
Assume you have received a job offer from a local HK company, and now you need to apply for a Hong Kong work visa. You may approach a local visa/immigration agency. But what values are you actually getting from a professional/experienced immigration consultant?
Let’s begin debating the values that a professional immigration consultant can add to a customer’s visa application process.Why is this question debatable? It is because you should always ask yourself why you would even hire another person to manage the visa application process for you, while you can easily get it done by yourself.This is a fair question that demands a proper response.
The simplest answer is that the visa application is a service!
For example, a professional visa consultant has the Intellectual knowledge to give this type of service to his/her client. The visa consultant also has the time, knows exact process, have been learning from bad experiences while doing it, and has all the tools in front of him/her to do the job.
For example, from the perspective of a client (who is someone who wants to get a visa to enter Hong Kong), this client simply wants peace of mind, because simply he/she know whoever handle his/her visa application has been an expert in immigration.
Let’s go through some facts and/or statistics of the visa/immigration service industry.
Approximately 70% of all the Hong Kong visa cases have been administrative and straightforward. But the rest (which is about 30%) of the cases are filled with contradiction and argument points.
Within the visa application cases that are in the contradiction category, half of them would require a lot of back and forth and tedious work from the immigrant service provider.
But in reality, immigration service providers would not distinguish fees by the complexity of each application. i.e. An immigration consultant may spend 48 hours working on a difficult case where the service provider gets paid $1,000 from the client. But the same immigration consultant can complete a simple straightforward case in 2 hours and the client is charged $1,000.
Sometimes it may not as simple and plain to determine whether a visa case is an easy one or not. The immigration consultant will first have to take his/her time to read through all the supporting documents before the case can be categorized as easy or hard. Therefore before fully understanding a case alongside all the documents, the service provider will not risk telling the client the case is easy and is willing to charge a lower cost.